A few Rules
Now we know you're nice people, and that you would never do any of the things listed here anyway. Sadly, we do have to write it down and ask you to agree with it, just so we have some leverage to deal with the occasional troublemaker who may turn up:
- Illegal use:our services may not be used for illegal purposes, or in support of illegal activities. We reserve the right to cooperate with legal authorities and/or injured third parties in the investigation of any suspected crime or civil wrongdoing.
- Harm to minors:Use of the service to harm, or attempt to harm, minors in any way, including, but not limited to child pornography.
- Threats:Use of the service to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting or otherwise) that threatens or encourages bodily harm or destruction of property.
- Harassment:Use of the service to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting or otherwise) that harasses another.
- Copyright or trademark infringement:Use of the service to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting or otherwise) that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other proprietary rights of any third party, including, but not limited to, the unauthorized copying of copyrighted material, the digitization and distribution of photographs from magazines, books, or other copyrighted sources, and the unauthorized transmittal of copyrighted software.
- Fraud:Involves a knowing misrepresentation or misleading statement, writing or activity made with the intent that the person receiving it will act upon it.
- Pornography:It is absolutely forbidden to post pornographic content.
- As a guideline forimage content, we ask you to remember that many people access this site from work, or with their family present. Please make sure images/videos are "safe for work/kids".
- Obviously, any attempt to post to, edit or otherwise tamper with another user's pages within the site is right out of order, and will be dealt with accordingly.
A note about copyright
The last thing we want to do is to take ownership of your images or work, they are entirely yours and protected by copyright upon upload to the service, but are also provided under the Creative Commons License:
You are free to disallow this use by others by unticking the "Allow Copy" checkbox when uploading work, but all work is uploaded in this state by default. Even if unticked you do grant Bus-Tops the perpetual royalty free right to display your work both on the site, on the installations and via any other channel or medium.
Accounts may not be set up on The Site's servers that will be used for commercial purposes including but not limited to promotion of a commercial product or service. So if you're thinking this might be a great place to advertise your wonderful project to Bus users, sorry, there are other folk who do that.